Artist Activations are:
• Flexible: There are always multiple entry points that allow children/audiences of all abilities and skill levels to take part in some way.
• Tactile: The materials are sensory, accessible and safe.
• Collaborative: The projects are designed so that children/audiences of all ages can share experiences, create together and build relationships.
• Interactive: The exhibitions are always interactive and provide opportunities for social/emotional learning in a multi-sensory environment.
• Empowering: Opportunities are provided for children/audiences to make choices and be agents of their own experience and learning.
• Open-ended: The creative opportunities are open-ended providing agency and opportunity for imagination, experimentation and discovery.
• Artist led: Development of projects is artist led. Participation provides access to artist processes and concepts using high quality materials to ensure children/audiences have access to genuine and meaningful arts practice.
• Co-designed: An emergent development process in collaboration with artists and children always informs the development of the project.
• Research driven: Long term projects and slow practice philosophies of ‘staying-longer’ create opportunities for research partnerships and meaningful evaluation of social/emotional impact and learning outcomes.