The Lester Prize for Portraiture Terms & Conditions People’s Choice Prize 2019
1. Promoter: The Promoter The Lester Prize ABN 76 562 139 103, PO Box 1110 Nedlands WA 6909.
2. Entry Method: To enter the Baldock Family People's Choice Prize entrants must:
i. complete an entry form using the iPads provided in the exhibition space at the Art Gallery of Western Australia; or
ii. complete an online entry using The Lester Prize’s secure People’s Choice Prize voting interface on their website: https://www.lesterprize.com/, or using the link to this voting interface also provided on the Art Gallery of WA’s website: https://artgallery.wa.gov.au/
Only one valid entry will be submitted into the draw per entrant. The member of the public entry will be selected at random, while the Baldock Family People’s Choice Prize winner will be the artist who receives the most number of votes, as voted by members of the public through this competition.
If an entrant is unable to or refuses or fails to take part in any element of this competition, or a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entrant’s entry and proceed as if the entrant had not entered the competition. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Restrictions: Anyone is eligible to vote in the Baldock Family People’s Choice Prize, however to be eligible for the voter’s Prize the entrant must be a resident of Western Australia and who has agreed to comply with these Conditions of Entry. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff and their immediate families of the Promoter or the sponsor companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
4. Competition Dates: The competition commences Friday 8 November 2019 at 6.30pm (AWST) at the Main Awards Night and closes on Monday 9 December at 5pm (AWST). The votes will be tallied and the Voter’s Prize draw will take place on Wednesday 11 December 2019 by 5pm (AWST). The artist who receives the most votes will be notified and announcements will be made on https://www.lesterprize.com/ and The Lester Prize’s social media channels by Friday 13 December 2019.
5. Prize Details: The artist who receives the highest number of votes will win the $7,500 Baldock Family People’s Choice Prize.
One person, who submitted a vote, will be drawn randomly from all the votes received and will win:
- a $100 Art Gallery of WA Shop Voucher, plus
- an Estelle Display Lamp valued at $979 from The Montauk Lighting Co. For a unique take on lighting, the Estelle Display Lamp is a perfect addition to your interiors. From the studio of New York interior designer, Alexa Hampton, this beautiful lamp is expertly crafted and finished in Gun Metal. The Estelle has the ability to adjust vertically, allowing you to display a work of art or a special book on your desk or console. Link: www.montauklightingco.com, plus
- a 6 weeks’ Home Base Interior Design Course for You and a Friend valued at $700. This course will help develop an understanding of interior design concepts such as space, mood and colour as well as assist you with furniture selection, decluttering, planning out rooms, and selecting all of those final finishing touches. Held at Home Base Perth, located in Subiaco, this course is perfect for anyone preparing to build a new home, renovate, wanting to update an existing interior space – or are even thinking of a career change and are looking for an introduction to the wonderful world of interior design. Link: https://www.homebaseperth.com.au/shop/courses/interior-design-course/
Receipt of prizes will be arranged through the Art Gallery of Western Australia and The Lester Prize in consultation with the winners. The winners’ names and suburbs will be published on https://www.lesterprize.com/. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash.
6. Responsibilities: The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. Entries via the voting system are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
7. Privacy: All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this competition (in any form, including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form), become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. The Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them and any medium and in any manner it sees fit.
8. Promotion: Entrants must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, all entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this competition, or in taking the prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time.