2019 Pulse Peer Award Act-Belong-Commit Art Gallery of Western Australia Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter: The Promoter is Art Gallery of Western Australia ABN 14 734 437 675, PO Box 8363, Perth Business Centre, Perth WA 6849.
2. Entry Method: To vote for the Pulse Peer Award supported by Act-Belong-Commit entrants must:
- Be a student artist whose work was submitted for consideration in the 2019 Pulse Perspectives exhibition,
- Visit the webpage link provided by the Art Gallery of Western Australia during the voting period, complete the online Voting Form and provide all the mandatory details, including choosing their favourite work from the 2019 Pulse Perspectives exhibition,|
- Only vote once
- Cannot vote for your own work if you are a selected finalist.
3. Eligibility: To be eligible to win the Pulse Peer Award, entrants must have their work on display in the 2019 Pulse Perspective exhibition.
4. Award: The Pulse Peer Award supported by Act-Belong-Commit winner will be given to the Pulse Perspectives artist who receives the most number of votes, as voted by student artists who submitted work for consideration in this year's exhibition.
The judging criteria for the prize are as follows:
A $250 Jacksons Art Supplies voucher will be given to the student artist whose work receives the highest number of votes. Receipt of prizes will be arranged through the Art Gallery of Western Australia in consultation with the winners. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash.
If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entrant’s entry and their vote will be void. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Restrictions: Only artists who submitted their work for consideration in the 2019 Pulse Perspectives are eligible to vote in the Pulse Peer Award supported by Act-Belong-Commit. Only artists whose work was selected for inclusion in this year’s Pulse Perspective exhibition are eligible to win the prize.
6. Competition Dates: The voting commences 10am, Saturday 7 March 2020 and closes on Tuesday 31 March 2020 at 5pm (AWST). The artist who receives the most votes will be announced on Wednesday 30 September 2020 through www.artgallery.wa.gov.au and AGWA’s social media channels.
7. Responsibilities: The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. Entries via online are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
8. Privacy: All entries submitted to the Promoter in connection with this award (in any form, including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form), become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. The Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them and any medium and in any manner it sees fit.
9. Promotion: Entrants must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this competition free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this competition, or in taking the prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film or other recordings at any time.