Thursday 19 September2019
Friday 20 September2019
Skip to main content
September 19, 2019 05:28:02 PM Australia/Perth
We warmly welcome children and families to visit AGWA and explore the exhibitions and collections together.
Our art trails, children’s labels, family tours, artist-led workshops and community events support young visitors to engage deeply with works of art and share their unique perspectives.
Ways of looking at art with your children.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Trust your own responses, and be interested in theirs.
- Take a breath, and then notice how you feel.
- Talk about not knowing all the answers.
- Share which works you like the most, and why.
- Look closely at the details.
- Choose the work you like the least.
- Spend a very long time looking at one work.
- Draw something inspired by a work of art you love.
- Find a work that reminds you of something or someone you love.
During the July school holidays we make available a range of art activities for your school-age children to participate in.
Discover what's on
The Imagination Room
The place to explore and discuss AGWA’s lively programs.
Parents with bubs get together for a mid-week art outing.
ArtBubs is an opportunity to tour the Gallery with one of AGWA's Guru Guides, followed by coffee, cake and conversation in the Imagination Room. Prams/baby carriers and babies up to one-year-old welcome! Baby change facilities available.
© 2019 Art Gallery WA All rights reserved.