AGWA Learning programs and activities have resumed in accordance with enhanced safety and sanitisation procedures at the Gallery. We ask that all groups observe physical distancing and sanitisation guidelines as detailed below. Workshop participants will be required to use hand sanitiser before entering the studio and limit sharing of materials. Bookings may be affected due to maximum numbers allowed in the Education Studio.
For the health and wellbeing of our visitors and staff, the following safety measures and visit requirements have been put in place:
• Hand sanitiser stations throughout the Gallery.
• Additional cleaning of the Gallery including high-traffic areas and high-touch items.
• Cleaning of equipment in between workshops.
• Mobility equipment sanitised after each use.
• Please do not visit the Gallery if you are feeling unwell.
• Please use hand sanitiser upon entering the Gallery. You will also find sanitiser stations throughout the Gallery.
• Please keep a 1.5m distance between yourself and other visitors.
• Please follow the instructions of Gallery staff.
• Please inform Gallery staff if you become unwell during your visit.
Excursions at AGWA
The Gallery has various security and conservation protocols in place to safeguard the works on display. See below to learn about protecting your State Art Collection during your visit.
Risks and Responsibility
The Gallery buildings and service provision conforms to all safety and building code standards offering a safe environment for group visits. Security guards are present in all public and Gallery spaces. In the event of an emergency they provide first aid assistance and coordinate building evacuation. In the interest of the security of the works on display and general comfort of all visitors, a general code of behaviour is expected.
Supervising adults must accompany the students throughout their visit to actively monitor student behaviour. It is the teacher's responsibility to oversee the general behaviour and to intervene when necessary.
Grassed areas for lunch are situated in the James Street Mall and near the main entrance to the Art Gallery.
Wheelchairs and Mobility
The Art Gallery of WA is in possession of one automated and one manual wheelchair, one walking frame and a child's stroller. These are loaned and provided free of charge to assist groups moving around the Gallery. Bookings are essential.