THE ART GALLERY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
What are your data protection rights?
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
AGWA may collect your personal information during various interactions you have with the Gallery. This data is collected to help us improve and provide relevant services.
What personal information do we collect?
The kinds of information we may collect and hold are:
• contact details (including email addresses and postal addresses);
• company name;
• language preferences;
• phone number;
• membership number;
• feedback, comments or questions received;
• personal information in response to membership applications, online forms, social media interactions, and in answer to survey questions;
• subscription preferences;
• details of your visits to our site (including IP address, timezone, traffic, device and location information);
• shipping and billing addresses and payment information relating to online purchases.
When do we collect personal information?
AGWA collects personal information by fair and lawful means to enable responsive services and provide relevant content.
Examples of when we collect personal information include, when you:
• Purchase a ticket or register for an event;
• Subscribe to receive communications or access articles, video and audio material;
• Become an AGWA Member, Foundation Member or other AGWA benefactor, or join various groups we organise from time to time;
• Sponsor or partner with us or an event; • Purchase or enquire about an item from the Gallery Shop;
• Respond to a survey from us;
• When you fill in forms on our website;
• Browse our website;
• Donate to AGWA;
• Apply to be a volunteer, or apply for an internship or scholarship
• Post material or comment on our website, social media or share AGWA’s website content across social media channels;
• Correspond with us or enquire through digital, phone or in-person means;
• Attend an exhibition, display, program or event at the Gallery;
• Request another service;
• Through public sources.
The Art Gallery of Western Australia always prefers to collect data directly from you. However, there are some instances where it may be impracticable or unreasonable to do so. We may obtain personal information from third parties such as:
• Marketing partners and providers, event organisers and promoters, sponsors and business partners;
• Third-party applications which collect and share information, and third parties you refer to us, or are referred to us, including but not limited to social networks, parent/guardians on behalf of minors, relative or friend, agent.
Why do we collect personal information?
Collecting and holding this personal information allows AGWA to fulfil its service requirements with you in several ways. It also ensures we are providing relevant and tailored information.
• Providing and administering goods and services that you request from us or that we understand to be of interest to you;
• Managing transactions such as a donation, membership, or purchase of an item from the Gallery Shop;
• Responding to your enquiry or request;
• Sending marketing and communication information to you;
• Personalising and customising your experience when using our website;
• Processing bookings and ticket purchases;
• Ensuring the safety and security of the Gallery including the website, system administration, buildings, artwork and people.
• Administering a promotion or competition or any resulting receipt of prizes;
• Undertaking surveys and related research.
• As required or permitted by any law.
We may use the information we collect for further analysis to understand better the visitors and audiences that we currently engage and want to engage with in the future.
Gallery staff will securely handle and store your personal information in a manner which complies with this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Act 1988.
AGWA securely stores this information for disposal once the purpose for which it was collected has been achieved. The length of time we store such information may vary according to the purpose for which it was collected with consideration given to potential future need to answer queries or comply with legal requirements.
Disclosure of information to third parties
In addition to any information required to be disclosed by law, in some instances we may disclose your personal information to associated entities such as the Art Gallery of Western Australian Foundation. We may also disclose to third-party providers required to complete AGWA’s operations or services with you, and so they can provide product and services to AGWA.
This is most often for services including:
• Email communications;
• CRM management;
• Visitor research;
• Online purchases and bookings.
Links to third-parties
Tracking data including cookies and pixels
Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Our website uses both cookies and pixels to allow us to understand our users’ interests better so that we can enhance their experiences on our website. A cookie cannot extract information from your computer, transmit computer viruses, or capture and transmit your email address.
Pixels are technological equivalent to cookies and allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites, so the messages and contents users see is targeted while visiting a social media platform. AGWA uses Google Analytics to monitor and review online services.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of your personal information, correct or update personal information, withdraw consent to personal information collection or processing at any time.
AGWA sends all communications with the ability to opt-out.
If you wish to contact AGWA regarding your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing:
Administration, Art Gallery of Western Australia, PO BOX 8363, Perth Business Centre, Perth WA 6849.