Tom Malone Prize 2022
The Art Gallery of Western Australia's Tom Malone Prize is a highly respected national event for contemporary Australian glass artists.
The Tom Malone Prize was initiated in 2003 by Governor of the Art Gallery of Western Australia Foundation, Elizabeth Malone. The Prize continues in 2018-2022 through the support of Foundation Benefactor, Sheryl Grimwood.
An acquisitive prize, each year’s winning entrant is awarded $15,000 while their work becomes a part of the WA State Art Collection where it will join works by previous winners: Clare Belfrage, Gabriella Bisetto, Charles Butcher, Cobi Cockburn, Brian Corr, Mel Douglas, Mark Eliott, Deirdre Feeney, Kevin Gordon, Marc Leib, Jessica Loughlin, Tom Moore, Nick Mount, Benjamin Sewell and Ayano Yoshizumi.
The Tom Malone Prize is a highly respected national event within the Australian glass arts community and it has played an integral role in the Gallery's acquisition of works by Australia's most inspiring, innovative and accomplished artists in this medium.
2022 marks the 20th year of the Prize.
The Lester Prize 2022
The Lester Prize is one of the country’s most recognised and prestigious fine art prizes – an award that places artists and community proudly front-and-centre.
The prize pool available to professional, emerging and young artists is worth over $100,000, including the main prize of $50,000.
Call for entries now open!
The Lester Prize invites artists from across Australia to submit portraits of an Australian (or Australians) that they respect or admire, or a self-portrait.
The 40 Finalists chosen will exhibit their work at The Art Gallery of Western Australia, have their portraits included in a regional tour and be invited to participate in our community engagement program including workshops, online engagement, artist talks and more.
Submit your work for the chance to win a share in over $100,000 worth of cash and prizes consisting of:
• The Richard Lester Prize for Portraiture (selected by a panel of judges; non-acquisitive) | $50,000 cash
• Tony Fini Foundation Artist Prize (selected by artists' peers; non-acquisitive) | $15,000 cash
• Minderoo Foundation Spirit Prize (selected by Minderoo Foundation; non-acquisitive) | $10,000 cash
• Baldock Family People's Choice Prize (selected by the general public) | $10,000 cash
• Ashurst Emerging Artist Prize (selected by a panel of judges; non-acquisitive) | $5,000 cash
• Highly Commended (selected by a panel of judges) | up to $6,000 value
• Barton Family Foundation Installers' Prize (selected by The Art Gallery of Western Australia installation team) | $5,000 cash
Enter and view the Terms and Conditions on The Lester Prize website.
Main Award entries close 17 June 2022.