Balancing Act AGWA installation view, 2022. Amanda BellFrom our lip, mouths, throats and belly 2021. Neon, audio, 158 x 300 x 6 cm. The State Art Collection, The Art Gallery of Western Australia. Purchased through the Art Gallery of Western Australia Foundation: COVID-19 Arts Stimulus Package, 2020. Ngarralja Tommy MayWarla, Flat Country 2021. Brass, aluminium, stone and soil, dimensions variable. The State Art Collection, The Art Gallery of Western Australia. Bequest of Bonice Tollafield. © Ngarralja Tommy May 2021. Photo by Bo Wong.
NAIDOC Week activities are held across Australia each year to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life. The week is a great opportunity to participate in a range of activities and to support your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
NAIDOC Week at AGWA
• 10am-5pm, 18 March – 4 December | Boorongur
• 10am-5pm, 4 July – 4 December | Boorongur Reading Nook
• 10.30-11am, Monday 4 and Wednesday 6 July | NAIDOC Week Family Guided Tours
• 10am-1pm, Wednesday 6 & 13 July | Boorongur Workshops with artist Sharyn Egan
• 2-3pm, Wednesday 6 July | Little Boorloo Dance Workshop
• 10.30am-12.30pm, Thursday 7 July | Doll Making Workshop with Geri Hayden
• 3pm-12am, Saturday 9 July | Flewnt @ AGWA Rooftop | $20+bf