AGWA Ambassadors are our first points of contact with many visitors. Their passionate support allows us to bring the gallery to life for our visitors through our events, exhibitions and public programs. As an AGWA Ambassador you will inspire creativity and stimulate conversations.
As an AGWA Ambassador you will receive:
- Free entry into all paid exhibitions.
- 20% discount at FRANK cafe.
- 10% discount at the Gallery Shop (excluding catalogues).
- Experience working within one of Western Australia’s most significant cultural institutions.
- Opportunities to develop new skills, connections and networks within the arts industry.
- A written reference upon request.
The ideal Ambassador will have:
- Enthusiasm for Perth arts and culture, and willingness to learn.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- High proficiency in the English language.
- Proficiency in a second language, such as AUSLAN, is valuable but not required.
- Reliable and positive attitude towards work.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
As an AGWA Ambassador, you will:
- Proactively greet visitors in a friendly and engaging manner.
- Cloak visitors’ bags or parcels which are not suitable for entry to the Gallery.
- Encourage and advocate participation in our public programs.
- Promote the Gallery’s exhibitions and public programs.
- Respond to inquiries from visitors about the Gallery’s displays, facilities, programs and its surrounding area.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of one morning or afternoon shift per fortnight.
- Volunteers must wear their provided AGWA uniform and maintain a suitable standard of presentation.
- All volunteers require a current Police Clearance. AGWA will assist with submitting these clearances for any volunteer who does not have one.