AGWA Experience Ambassadors help with and promote AGWA’s exciting calendar of public programs and events. This role is particularly suited to those seeking volunteering experience outside of regular business hours.
As an AGWA Ambassador you will receive:
- Free entry into all paid exhibitions.
- 20% discount at FRANK cafe.
- 10% discount at the Gallery Shop (excluding catalogues).
- Experience working within one of Western Australia’s most significant cultural institutions.
- Opportunities to develop new skills, connections and networks within the arts industry.
- A written reference upon request.
The ideal Ambassador will have:
- Enthusiasm for Perth arts and culture, and willingness to learn.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- High proficiency in the English language.
- Proficiency in a second language, such as AUSLAN, is valuable but not required.
- A reliable and positive attitude towards work.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work hours based on AGWA’s public programs and events.
As an AGWA Experience Ambassador you will:
- Assist with the delivery of AGWA’s public programs.
- Perform front of house duties at AGWA’s public programs and events.
- Oversee activities taking place in the Imagination Room.
- Proactively promote Imagination Room activities to Gallery visitors.
- Assist with the operation of AGWA’s Virtual Reality headsets.
- Assist the Education Officer in preparing for workshop delivery.
- Must be available Wednesdays, Sundays and for AGWA’s programs and events as negotiated.
- Volunteers must wear their provided AGWA uniform and maintain a suitable standard of presentation.
- All volunteers require a current Police Clearance and Working with Children Card. AGWA will assist with submitting these clearances for any volunteer who does not have one.